Actor Raymart Santiago said he did not abuse Claudine Barretto.
Santiago denied committing any abuse against his estranged wife who had accused him of causing her all kinds of stress since 2005.
He said that it is not true that he has abused the mother of his kids in any way and as a father, he will never do anything that will harm his kids and will never lift hand against any of them.
He added that people who know him well, could prove what kind of a father he is and these people could also prove that Barretto is capable of making up stories.
Barretto filed a petition before the Marikina Regional Trial Court for temporary protection order (TPO) against Santiago that would prevent the actor from getting within 300 meters of her and their children Sabina, 9, and Santino, 6.
At first, she had no plan of telling the public of what was really happening within her family but she had decided to break her silence now because of the derogatory remarks she received from Raymart’s camp.
She is doing it for the sake of their children.
Santiago and Barretto were married on March 27, 2006.
The couple broke up in 2011, after Barretto was seen on a TV report breaking down in tears in a bank after being told that the money she was about to withdraw had been withdrawn earlier by another party—presumably her husband with whom she shared the account.
Santiago was last seen in the recently concluded afternoon drama series ‘Home Sweet Home’ on GMA 7 while Barretto was with the cast of the teleserye, ‘Iglot’ that was aired in 2011.