Juan Manuel Márquez delivered a stunning knock out in sixth round at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
It left Manny Pacquiao sprawled face first in a twitching heap and left him to seek a fifth fight against the Mexican boxer and he is seeking a rematch.
The promoter Bob Arum says a fifth fight? Why not? You can see a more exciting fight in years.
Meanwhile, when Pacquiao had Marquez down, a courtesy of a crisp, short right to the chin in round five.
It had a breath-taking exchange of wild swings, as they abandoned all pretense at boxing.
Then, Marquez drilled a foot-long right of brain-numbing power on to the unprotected chin of Manny Pacquiao.
There were others who wonder where Marquez’s power arrived from.
The 39-year-old Mexican had hit Manny so hard and had Pacquiao down in the sixth round and that nobody has ever done that to Pacquiao.
And the ending shocked every one of the 20,000 customers who had packed the Grand Arena at the MGM because it was a high-quality boxing drama in an era crying out for excitement.
While Manny laid curled in a beaten heap, his wife, Jinkee, rushed from her seat, clambering through the ropes to lift his battered head.
After the fight, they could not have been closer and Jinkee might not want to see that scene again.
- Manny Pacquiao Promises to Continue Fighting Because His Time is Not Yet Over
- Juan Manuel Marquez is Manny Pacquiao’s Hardest Opponent
- Timothy Bradley Says Manny Pacquiao Will Lose
- Boxer Timothy Bradley is the Best Alternate of Floyd Mayweather to Fight Manny Pacquiao
- Manny Pacquiao & Floyd Mayweather are Going to Slug it Out in Novemver 2012