Nonito Donaire will defend his belt in a unification fight with Jeffrey Mathebula.
Donaire will also attempt to capture South African Jeffrey Mathebula’s IBF junior featherweight championship today, July 8 at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California.
Donaire, a Filipino-American is a four-division world champ and has emerged victorious in twenty seven consecutive matches.
He is also a past IBF and IBO world flyweight titleholder and is rated as The Ring’s fourth pound-for-pound boxer in the world while Mathebula is ranked by The Ring as the sixth preeminent super bantamweight.
- Nonito Donaire is the Next Manny Pacquiao?
- Nonito Donaire Wins & Scores a 9th-Round Stoppage
- Nonito Donaire is Not Counting on His 2007 KO Win
- Nonito Donaire Captures His 2nd World Title With Unanimous Decision Victory Over Jeffrey Mathebula
- It’s Nonito Donaire’s Turn to Shine After Manny Pacquiao’s Loss