Phillip Phillips wins the American Idol Season 11, edging out Jessica Sanchez who got the first runner-up slot.
Phillips earns 132 million votes and becomes the fifth male in a row to win on the American Idol, a reality singing competition.
Phillips said, it is his honor to be up on stage, playing with everybody.
The Idol finale also featured a performance by judge Steven Tyler and his band, Aerosmith, as well as fellow panelist Jennifer Lopez, who sang with Latin duo Wisin and Yandel.
Many stars and celebrities graced the stage, including John Fogerty, Rihanna, Chaka Khan, Neil Diamond, Reba McEntire, Jennifer Holliday and season six winner Jordin Sparks.
Meanwhile, millions of people around the world especially in the Philippines believe in Jessica’s talent and silently feel she is the winner.
- Jessica Sanchez Has a Hunch that Phillip Phillips is Going to Win ‘Idol’
- Jessica Sanchez Escapes Elimination & Now in ‘Idol’ Top 3
- Charice Pempengco Says There Exists No Competition Between Her & Jessica Sanchez
- Jessica Sanchez Thinks America Makes the Right Choice When Phillip Phillips Wins
- Local Artists are Not Thrilled when Phillip Phillips Wins as American Idol