Ombudsman Conchita Carpio-Morales said that CJ Renato Corona owned 82 US dollar accounts in five banks amounting to at least $12 million.
Morales’s computation was arrived at with the assistance of a CPA lawyer and it is based on the report furnished to her by the Anti-Money Laundering Council.
Based on the AMLC report, Chief Justice also made significant deposits and withdrawals on very significant dates – during the 2004 and 2007 elections as well as the week he was impeached – December 12, 13, 15, 19, 20, and 22, 2011.
Corona had only one dollar account in 2003, or a year before he was appointed Associate Justice of the Supreme Court during the time of Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.
At present, Corona has 82 US dollar accounts in five banks amounting to at least $12 million.
- Renato Corona Dares Ombudsman Conchita Morales to Resign
- Chief Justice Renato Corona will Finally Testify on May 22
- Kris Aquino Reveals Government Needs Miriam Santiago’s Vote over Renato Corona’s Impeachment Trial
- Gloria Arroyo Will Sue Leila Delima If She Files a Case for her Detention?
- Robin Padilla Urges People To Watch How Elected Officials Use Public Funds