All five peso accounts that Chief Justice Renato Corona maintained at PS Bank were closed on December 12, the same day he was impeached by Congress.
Rep. Juan Edgardo Angara said those accounts were worth looking into.
Angara asked if it just a coincidence that Corona just took out his money on December 12?
Another Corona’s account, a peso time deposit with an opening date of June 29, 2011 and an opening balance of P17 million was also closed and terminated on December 12, 2011.
The spokesmen for Corona’s defense explained that the Chief Justice had to do so to avoid the impression that the said money was his.
Corona’s lawyer said the money belonged to Basa-Guidote, a corporation owned by the family of Corona’s wife, Cristina.
- Renato Corona’s P1-million Raffle Winning Leads Prosecutors to his Bank Account
- Chief Justice Corona’s Wife Cristina Corona Earns High Salary & Allowances
- Chief Justice Renato Corona’s Wife is Summoned over Misuse of Funds
- Robin Padilla Urges People To Watch How Elected Officials Use Public Funds
- Robin Padilla Urges the Public to Remain Vigilant