The manager of Bank of PI branch testifies as a witness during the impeachment trial of Supreme Court Chief Justice Renato Corona on Thursday.
It shows that Chief Justice Corona owns another peso savings accounts containing millions with the bank.
This is apart from Corona’s two other accounts in PS Bank with a combined ending balance of almost P20 million.
Senate earlier ordered the manager to testify and bring Corona’s bank records from 2005 to 2010 to be presented as evidence for the impeachment.
It will eventually deal with the truthfulness of Corona’s statements of assets, liabilities and net worth.
The Philippines’ top judge is charged with betraying public trust and violating the constitution and failing to disclose his assets and liabilities.
- Renato Corona Challenges Pres. Noy Aquino to Show Bank Accounts & Psychological Records
- Renato Corona’s P1-million Raffle Winning Leads Prosecutors to his Bank Account
- Renato Corona’s Value of Properties is More Than what He Disclosed in his Statement of Assets
- The Corona Family Cannot be Obliged to Testify
- Renato Corona has ‘Accumulated’ Forty Properties in Nine Years