Floyd Mayweather Jr. will give up his training schedule, club-hopping and relaxation in his million-dollar country club home after the New Year’s holiday.
Mayweather will serve a 90-day sentence for domestic violence and harassment at the Clark County Detention Center in Las Vegas.
It is not yet known if his lawyers and his promoter-manager will file documents, asking a Las Vegas judge to reconsider her decision to sentence the boxer to 90 days in county jail for attacking his ex-girlfriend, Josie Harris, and threatening their two sons in September 2010.
He got credit for three days previously served in jail and was ordered to undergo a one-year domestic violence counseling program, 100 hours of community service and pay a $2,500 fine.
Mayweather will probably be segregated for his protection from the other nearly 3,400 prisoners for the first week. He can be considered to be at risk from inmates in the general jail population.
Mayweather will wear a standard-issue blue jail jumpsuit with the letters CCDC and orange slippers.
- Floyd Mayweather Fights Miguel Cotto for WBA Superweight Title on May
- Boxer Timothy Bradley is the Best Alternate of Floyd Mayweather to Fight Manny Pacquiao
- Floyd Mayweather Dares Manny Pacquiao to Fight with Him on May 5
- Manny Pacquiao to Lose in 2012 Boxing Match with Juan Manuel Marquez?
- Trainer Freddie Roach Confirms He Over-trains Manny Pacquiao