Manny Pacquiao still rules as the Philippines’ most revered athlete.
Pacquiao’s fans chanted, ‘Manny, Manny’ and mobbed the pound-for-pound king, whenever he went.
This was during the Azkals football match against the Los Angeles Galaxy last Saturday at the Rizal Memorial Stadium.
Many celebrities greeted Pacquiao like Dawn Zulueta, Cristalle Belo Henares and Monico Puentevella of Philippie Olympic.
Pacquiao had not lost some of his the crowd appeal after a recent controversial win over Juan Manuel Marquez.
The Galaxy star David Beckham joined crowd as he went up to Pacquiao after leaving the pitch on a substitution in the 75th minute to shake hands and give the champion his game-worn No. 23 jersey.
Beckham was obviously star-struck by Pacquiao’s presence and later admitted he is Pacquiao’s fan.
- Manny Pacquiao Gets Warm Reception from Fans During Azkals- LA Galaxy Match
- David Beckham Shows Trademark Curling Shot in Galaxy’s 6-1 Rout of Phil Azkals
- Celebrity Moms Carmina Villaroel & Jinkee Pacquiao Share Joys for Children’s Recognition Rites
- Manny Pacquiao & Jinkee Pacquiao are Now Proud Franchise Owners of Davao-grown Coffee Shop
- Jinkee Pacquiao Stays Calm when She Receives Death Internet Hoax