President Noy Aquino III is not objecting to former President Gloria Arroyo’s hospital’s arrest and to remain there rather than going to jail.
Aquino delayed his trip to Indonesia in attendig the 19th Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Summit gala dinner on Friday evening.
Arroyo was served an arrest warrant at the St. Luke’s Medical Center in Taguig City Friday on charges of electoral sabotage for allegedly conspiring to manipulate the senatorial election in 2007.
Arroyo attempted to leave the country on Tuesday for a medical treatment abroad. She wore a neck brace when she arrived at the Aquino International Airport.
The immigration officials blocked her despite a temporary restraining order issued by the Supreme Court that would allow her to travel.
Police took mugshots and fingerprints of Arroyo on Saturday.
- Former COMELEC Chairman Benjamin Abalos is Arrested
- Former President Gloria Arroyo is Now Fit to Go Home?
- Jinggoy Estrada Offers their Tanay Family Rest House and a Pony For Gloria Arroyo’s House Arrest?
- Police Authorities Take Mugshots & Fingerprints of Former Pres. Gloria Arroyo
- Former Pres. Gloria Arroyo is Now Under Hospital Arrest