A Cuban boxer wants a fight against Filipino-American boxing champion Nonito Donaire Jr., the Filipino flash’ in 2012.
A two-time Olympic gold medalist from Cuba and the interim WBA junior featherweight champion of the world Guillermo Rigondeaux, is eyeing a possible bout against the Filipino Flash, Nonito Donaire Jr.
The Cuban boxer is interested to fight Donaire at the junior featherweight level and to meet Donaire at 122 pounds because he wants to fight the ‘best guy out there.’
Rigondeaux has also an upcoming fight against WBA’s full champion, Rico Ramos this coming December and the Cuban boxer plans to fight Donaire in 2012.
Lately, Donaire defended his WBC and WBO bantamweight crowns via a unanimous decision victory against Argentine’s Omar Narvaez last October.
There are also other boxers who are interested in fighting Donaire like Puerto Rico’s Juan Manuel Lopez and Mexico’s Jorge Arce.
- Manny Pacquiao Promises to Continue Fighting Because His Time is Not Yet Over
- Nonito Donaire Wins & Scores a 9th-Round Stoppage
- Nonito Donaire is Not Counting on His 2007 KO Win
- Nonito Donaire Will Defend His Belt & Face Jeffrey Mathebula Today
- Nonito Donaire Jr. Wins as the New Super Bantamweight Champion in a Split Decision