Freddie Roach admits that Manny Pacquiao was over trained for his bout against Mexican boxer Juan Manuel Marquez last Saturday in Las Vegas.
Pacquiao had underwent a 10-week training camps for the trilogy bout against Marquez, longer than his usual 8-week training camps.
Pacquiao’s Team said the boxer was having one of his best training camps in his career. But Pacquiao struggled in his match against Marquez, escaping with a controversial majority decision victory.
Roach said that was a bad night and he over trained him and it won’t happen again.
Roach remained confident that Pacquiao will be able to beat another one of boxing’s great counter-punchers, the undefeated Floyd Mayweather Jr., despite his recent struggle.
- Manny Pacquiao Promises to Continue Fighting Because His Time is Not Yet Over
- Timothy Bradley Says Manny Pacquiao Will Lose
- Timothy Bradley Says He’s Ready to Shock the World on Sunday
- Freddie Roach Believes Timothy Bradley is Too Slow & Lacking in Power to Beat Manny Pacquiao
- Boxer Timothy Bradley is the Best Alternate of Floyd Mayweather to Fight Manny Pacquiao