Freddie Roach is unwilling to have a Pacquiao vs Marquez fight for the 4th time.
Roach is reluctant because he saw the way Manny Pacquiao escaped again with a majority decision over his long-time Mexican rival and retained his World Boxing Organization welterweight belt at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.
It was a fight that he does not want to do it again, but it looks like they have to.
Bob Arum, the top rank promoter was quick to make a hint that a Pacquiao-Marquez rematch is possible for May 2012, as long as both fighters agree to do it.
Nevertheless, Roach said Marquez is worthy to be given a rematch especially with the competitive spirit he showed the third time he fought Pacquiao.
Marquiz deserves a rematch, said the long-time Pacquiao trainer.
Pacquiao had some good shots but not so great because Marquez took Manny’s punches a lot better this time. That was a close fight and Marquez fought very well.
Roach admited he was wrong in his prediction of a sixth round knockout win for Pacquiao but it was a very competitive fight.
However, Aron said that when a fourth meeting with Marquez is finally arranged, he promised to train Pacquiao harder and better.
- Manny Pacquiao Promises to Continue Fighting Because His Time is Not Yet Over
- Timothy Bradley Says Manny Pacquiao Will Lose
- Timothy Bradley Says He’s Ready to Shock the World on Sunday
- Freddie Roach Believes Timothy Bradley is Too Slow & Lacking in Power to Beat Manny Pacquiao
- Tim Bradley Promises to Shock the World When He Fights Manny Pacquiao on June 09