Nonito Donaire, “The Filipino Flash” won a unanimous decision over two-division world titleholder Omar Narvaez in a 12-round bantamweight battle at the Madison Square Garden in New York City on Sunday.
Donaire, defended his unified World Boxing Organization and World Boxing Council bantamweight title.
From start to finish of the fight, Donaire dominated the ring while Narvaez had just threw 24 punches per round and was too defensive.
It seemed that Narvaez did not come to win but he just fought to survive.
Donaire is now keeping a record of 27-1 and 18 knockouts and Narvaez is having 35-1-2 with 19 knockouts.
- Nonito Donaire Wins & Scores a 9th-Round Stoppage
- Nonito Donaire is Not Counting on His 2007 KO Win
- Nonito Donaire Will Defend His Belt & Face Jeffrey Mathebula Today
- Nonito Donaire Jr. Wins as the New Super Bantamweight Champion in a Split Decision
- Cuban Boxer Describes Filipino Boxer Nonito Donaire as the ‘Best Guy’