President Noynoy Aquino has approved the commission-ship of boxing champion Sarangani Rep. Emmanuel Pacquiao as lieutenant colonel in the Army reserve force.
The world boxing champion was granted his new rank in the reserve force, effective Sept. 21, 2011.
Pacquiao’s confirmation was based on the provisions of Section 44 of Republic Act 7077 which provides that elected and appointed officials can be commissioned in the service if they are degree-holders.
Other elected officials who are also part of the military reserve force are Vice President Jejomar C. Binay, Sen. Loren Legarda and Quezon City Mayor Herbert Bautista.
Pacquiao is recognized as a hero among soldiers and the Filipino people as a whole, Pacquiao’s nomination easily passed through the military bureaucracy within a year.
- Manny Pacquiao Advises Nonito Donaire to Settle Disputes with Family
- Victor Ortiz Plans to Knockout Floyd Mayweather in the 1st 3 Rounds
- Fil-Am Teen Singer Jasmin Visits Manny Pacquiao
- Manny Pacquiao Opposes RH Bill
- Jeff Horn Immediately Calls Out Floyd Mayweather, Jr. after His ‘Upset Win’ Over Manny Pacquiao