2011 Miss Universe third runner-up Shamcey Supsup wanted to bring home the crown, for the Filipinos.
Supsup could not be any prouder of her Filipino descent. She will never be where she is today, if not for the support of the Filipino people.
When she was there, they don’t call her Shamcey, but they call her Philippines so it’s for her countrymen.
Meanwhile, it’s okay for her if beauty queens should also use an interpreter, in international pageants. But for her, it has an impact if she answers it directly. She was the only finalist who answered the question without the aid of an interpreter.
- ‘It’s not Easy to Represent the Country when the Pageant is Held in Your Homeland’ Says Charlene Gonzales
- What Quality Makes Miss France Stand Out During Miss Universe Pageant?
- Miss Universe Says ‘How to Become a Queen in Real Life’
- Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach Will Join Manny Pacquiao As Tourism Ambassador During Miss U Pageant
- Gloria Diaz Advises Maxine Medina to Get an Interpreter