Floyd Mayweather Jr. knocked out Victor Ortiz in the 4th controversial round and won the WBC welterweight championship.
In the 4th round, Ortiz was able to trap Mayweather against the ropes but headbutted him.
The referee Joe Cortez deducted a point and separated the fighters.
After being warned by the referee, Ortiz went over to apologize Mayweather and he even hugged his opponent.
But after the hug, Mayweather took advantage of the situation because Ortiz was still listening to the referee’s comments and he was unable to respond to Mayweather’s punches.
- Victor Ortiz Plans to Knockout Floyd Mayweather in the 1st 3 Rounds
- Floyd Mayweather Challenges Pacquiao Again to Take a Drug Test
- Floyd Mayweather Fights Miguel Cotto for WBA Superweight Title on May
- Boxer Timothy Bradley is the Best Alternate of Floyd Mayweather to Fight Manny Pacquiao
- Floyd Mayweather Dares Manny Pacquiao to Fight with Him on May 5