The wife of Lito Lapid, Marissa Lapid had failed to declare the huge sum of money she brought to Las Vegas, USA.
Lito explained that his wife needed the money to have her heart illness treated in Las Vegas.
Marissa had earlier undergone a neck surgery, added the actor.
Mrs. Lapid declared to a customs official that she was only carrying $10,000 but an additional $40,000 was discovered upon further inspection of her baggage.
Lapid maintained that his wife would face all the accusations against her.
Marissa has posted bail and is currently staying at their relatives’ house in Las Vegas.
Mrs. Lapid might serve up to five years in prison, if proven guilty.
- Ai-ai delas Alas is Engaged to Be Married to Gerald Sibayan
- Will Melanie Marquez’s Daughter Follow Mother’s Footsteps & Represent Ph in Beauty Pageant?
- Robin Padilla Expresses Intention to Leave the Country?
- Ryan Agoncillo’s ‘Picture Picture’ Runs Right Smack Into Judy Ann Santos’ Show
- Melanie Marquez is Recovering From Fractured Spine After a Vehicular Accident