Ricky Hatton knows the great demand for a mega-fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao.
Hatton is a retired British boxer and the RING’s 2005 Fighter of the Year. He lost to Mayweather in 2007 and to Pacquiao in 2009.
Hatton is anticipating a ‘wide points decision’ for Mayweather when he ever fights Manny Pacquiao.
Hatton thinks that although people really talk about that much-awaited and one of the biggest fights of all time, it could also be an ‘anti-climactic’ because it could be a wide points decision for Floyd over Manny.
Both Pacquiao and Mayweather, were coming from controversial victories.
Mayweather won over Victor Ortiz last September via a ‘legal sucker punch,’ while Pacquiao had a majority decision victory over rival Juan Manuel Marquez last November 12.
Pacquiao had a hard time in handling Marquez’s counter-punching. Mayweather claims that Pacquiao will have even more trouble with him, as he is a better counter-puncher than Marquez.
Hatton also commented that during Pacquiao vs Marquez fight, he saw Marquez winning the said fight.
- Floyd Mayweather Will not Give Manny Pacquiao Another Chance
- Timothy Bradley is Confident that He Can Beat Manny Pacquiao
- Manny Pacquiao Opens a New Family Business in Gensan
- Trainer Freddie Roach Confirms He Over-trains Manny Pacquiao
- British Boxer Khan Advises Manny Pacquiao to Think of Retiring Soon