Lea Salonga, the Broadway actress and Esperanza Cabral, the former health secretary, together with the residents of Ayala – Alabang rallied against the Brgy. Ordinance – “An Ordinance Providing for the Safety & Protection of the Unborn Child within the Territorial Jurisdiction of Barangay Alabang; Fixing Penalties for its Violations, and for other Purposes.
They said the ordinance is absurd because it penalizes anyone who advertises, sells, offers for free, endorses, promotes, prescribes, or distributes device and contraceptives.
It also requires the pharmacy to record the physician and customer, who patronizes the said devices or contraceptives.
- Alan Peter Cayetano is Pleading with Pres. Rodrigo Duterte to Relaunch Anti-Drug Drive
- Lea Salonga Makes Her Arts Centre Melbourne Debut With Orchestra Victoria
- Sarah Geronimo Takes Home ‘Best Asian Performer’ Award
- Sharon Cuneta Replaces Sarah Geronimo in ‘The Voice Kids’
- Aga Muhlach Will Return to ABS-CBN for a New Project