Actress Angel Locsin had to back out again in playing Darna.
Locsin can no longer can play the Filipina superhero Darna in Star Cinema’s movie adaptation of the Mars Ravelo-created character because of her spine problem.
It was her training coach who reported to ABS-CBN that she was again feeling pain in her back.
Malou Santos announced that Locsin will no longer play Darna in the upcoming movie due to health reason.
The film’s director Erik Matti also stressed that he and Star Cinema are just after the welfare of Locsin.
The announcement was also made more than a year after Locsin backed out from doing the project after her spine was damaged.
Locsin admitted that for a time, she just kept quiet as she tried to assess about what the people will say.
Locsin herself has accepted the fact the she can no longer play Darna.
Despite everything, she assured her fans that she will still be doing a lot of projects with ABS-CBN.
When ABS-CBN announced that Angel can no longer play the role of ‘Darna’ due to her medical condition, netizens are now suggesting who they think should be the next ‘Darna.’
People are suggesting the names of Pia Wurtzbach, Liza Soberano, Julia Montes, Jessy Mendiola, Maja Salvador, Bea Alonzo, Yassi Pressman, Nadine Lustre, and more.
- Liza Soberano Plays the Newest Incarnation of Darna
- Angel Locsin Goes Out with a Non-showbiz Guy
- Is Angel Locsin Suffering from Severe Sickness or Salon Treatment Caused Her Hair to Fall Out?
- Gerald Anderson’s Expensive Gift to Maja Salvador on Valentines Day
- The Fashion Industry Loses a Great Talent Pepsi Herrera