The president of the Miss Universe Organization (MUO) Paula Shugart in Last January 30 Coronation Night revealed the winners of special awards Miss Congeniality and Miss Photogenic.
Shugart revealed that it was Miss Korea Jenny Kim and Miss Albania Lindita Indrizi who won the Miss Congeniality and Miss Photogenic special awards, respectively.
Shugart revealed the winners at the sidelines of the 65th Miss Universe.
It was announced after the party in Okada Manila. According to her, the winners were not announced during the coronation due to lack of time.
During the pageant coronation night, only the winner of national costume competition and major awards were announced.
It was Miss Myanmar Htet Hten Htun who was named Best in National Costume with her puppet-inspired costume which was a representation of Burmese puppetry.
Miss France Iris Mittenaere was crowned Miss Universe 2016 while Miss Haiti Raquel Pelissier and Miss Colombia Andrea Tovar were proclaimed first and second runners-up, respectively.
Steve Harvey served as the main host for the coronation at the Mall of Asia.
- ‘It’s not Easy to Represent the Country when the Pageant is Held in Your Homeland’ Says Charlene Gonzales
- Miss Universe 2016 Iris Mittanaere Does Not Expect to Win the Crown
- Miss Columbia Makes a Joke with Steve Harvey’s Slip-up
- Miss France Iris Mittanaere is 2016 Miss Universe
- Miss France Iris Mittenaere Wins as Miss Universe 2017