The Philippines’ contender to the 65th Miss Universe pageant, Maxine Medina might be the first Filipino candidate to speak in the Filipino language during the pageant.
Maxine is willing to do everything in order to achieve a back-to-back victory for the Philippines.
She now plans to have an interpreter on standby for the coronation event.
In one of her interviews, she revealed that she is open to have a translator for the competition’s question and answer portion after being criticized for her supposed poor communication and English skills.
She said that if she makes it to the Top 6 of the prestigious pageant, which includes the question and answer portion, she will still try to speak in English.
Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach, Miss Universe 1969 Gloria Diaz and Film Development Council of the Philippines chair Liza Diño support the move to get an interpreter for the country’s bet.
Maxine’s family feels no different. They are not against it, if Maxine thinks that she can truly express her thought in Filipino so why not use an interpreter?
Maria Fe, Maxine’s mother also said that a number of other countries will be tapping interpreters, so it is not a shame in asking one for Maxine.
- Why Maxine Medina Loses Chance To Be in Magic Three?
- Gloria Diaz Advises Maxine Medina to Get an Interpreter
- Maxine Medina Leaves Manila for a Vacation in Brunie
- Maxine Medina’s Answer to the Q&A Portion Ends Her Journey to the Miss Universe Pageant
- Maxine Medina Would Have Been the First Filipina Beauty Queen to Have an Interpreter