Miriam Defensor Santiago, who has been battling lung cancer, passes away at 71.
Santiago succumbed to cancer on Thursday morning, September 29. 2016, her husband Atty. Jun Santiago said.
The former senator died peacefully in her sleep this morning, Santiago added.
She passed away while confined at the St. Luke’s Medical Center in Bonifacio Global City.
She disclosed in 2014 that she had stage 4 lung cancer.
Miriam was born in Iloilo City on June 15, 1945, the former senator ran for president in the May 2016 elections but lost to President Rodrigo Duterte.
- Maine Mendoza is not Against Same-Sex Marriage
- Leila De lima Intends to Spend More Time for Prayers & Reflections During Holy Week
- Pres. Rodrigo Duterte Marks 72nd Birthday with Family on March 28
- Pres. Rodrigo Duterte Wants to Postpone Barangay Elections Again
- Pres. Rodrigo Duterte Says Leni Robredo is in a Hurry to Become President