The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) is set to talk with Philippine music icon Freddie Aguilar, his 16-year-old girlfriend, as well as her parents in an effort to get a better understanding of the situation.
DSWD Assistant Secretary Florita Villart is taking the necessary steps to ensure the safety and welfare of the child.
Their mandate is to protect the welfare of children and the law defines the child as one that is below 18 years old, said Villar.
The fact that Freddie’s partner is only 16 years old, it needs the DSWD’s intervention.
Aguilar, who popularized the hit song ‘Anak,’ may be charged with child abuse or seduction for having a relationship with a minor under the Revised Penal Code.
Villar said that they want to know the reasons behind the consent given by the parents, as well as the child’s reason for entering the now-controversial love affair.
They are not focusing or treating Aguilar’s case differently than other cases involving similar charges.
- Freddie Aguilar Converts to Muslim Just to Marry His Minor Girlfriend?
- ‘Baste’ Reminds Pres. Rodrigo Duterte Regarding ‘Love Affair’ with Ellen Adarna
- Snooky Serna is Still Hoping to Marry Again
- Herbert Bautista Wants A Partner Who Is Independent
- Freddie Aguilar’s Marriage in Muslim Rites Will Not Absolve Him From Charges