Maria Angelica de Leon is among the 50 candidates at this year’s Binibining Pilipinas.
Miss de Leon is the daughter of veteran actor Christopher de Leon and Sandy Andolong.
Christopher’ daughter is also looking ahead to competing on the international stage and eyeing the Miss Universe crown.
Meanwhile, the Binibining Pilipinas is set to hold its coronation night on April 14 and will be aired live on ABS-CBN.
Three crowns will be conferred on the winning candidates, who will represent the Philippines at the Miss Universe, Miss International and Miss Tourism Queen International pageants.
The Miss Universe is considered to be the most popular international beauty pageant.
It has so far crowned two Filipina beauties like Gloria Diaz in 1969, and Margie Moran in 1973.
In the last year competition, Janine Tugonon placed first runner-up to Miss USA Olivia Culpo.
Venus Raj and Shamcey Supsup placed fourth runner-up and third runner-up, respectively, in the 2011 and 2012 editions of Miss Universe.
These three Philippine delegates were trained by talent management firm Aces and Queens, which also reportedly groomed de Leon to compete in Binibining Pilipinas.
- Wyn Marquez Will Try Her Luck Again in Binibining Pilipinas this Year?
- Why Maxine Medina Loses Chance To Be in Magic Three?
- 1974 Miss Universe Amparo Munoz Has Died at 56
- The Daughter of Sandy Andolong & Christopher de Leon is Determined to Make a Name for Herself
- Miss Universe Says ‘How to Become a Queen in Real Life’