Dingdong Dantes levels up with his consecutive Metro Manila Film Festival wins.
Dantes wins the Best Actor award for the second consecutive time this year.
It is sweeter for Dingdong and he has no one to credit it to, but himself.
His dramatic performance in ‘One More Try,’ the Star Cinema’s official entry to the 38th MMFF, wowed the jurors.
Meanwhile, Dingdong received intrigues after winning last year for the horror flick ‘Segunda Mano.’
Some people said that his co-star Kris Aquino as the President’s sister, allegedly influenced the result.
Gov. E.R. Ejercito told the press that Kris should stop talking about Dingdong deserving the Best Actor award in MMFF last year.
E.R. Ejercito congratulated Dingdong and said that his consecutive Best Actor award, only proved Ejercito’s declaration last year that Dingdong is a fine actor of his generation and he deserved such accolade.
Director Ruel Bayani had also praised Dantes, Angel Locsin, Angelica Panganiban and Zanjo Marudo for their above par acting.
The inspiration behind Dingdong’s passion for acting can be attributed to the late filmmaker Lino Brocka.
Dingdong said that he was struck by what the director once said about acting and shared that Brocka stressed that to become a great actor, one must be a great person first.
- Bea Alonzo is in ‘Awkward Stage’ with Dingdong Dantes
- Dingdong Dantes Shrugs Off Rumors About Marian Rivera’s Jealousy with Angelica Panganiban
- Kris Aquino is Slated to Shoot ‘Undo’ with Piolo Pascual
- Piolo Pascual & Angelica Panganiban’s ‘Every Breath U Take’ will Premiere Tonight at SM Megamall
- Kris Aquino Airs her Side on ER Ejercito’s Best Actor Dismay