President Benigno Aquino III plans to appoint Mar Roxas as Chief of the Department of Interior and Local Government.
Roxas will replace Jesse Robredo who died in a plane crash last August 18, 2012.
Roxas, who is the current secretary of the Department of Transportation and Communication will be replaced by Cavite Representative Joseph Emilio Abaya.
Pnoy called Roxas yesterday morning to tell him about his decision and Abaya had also been informed about the President’s decision but the Representative had not yet met with the President.
Executive Secretary Paquito Ochoa Jr. is at present, the officer-in-charge of DILG.
- Jesse Robredo’s Friend is Optimistic that the Interior Secretary Survives the Plane Crash
- Jesse Robredo’s Plane Crashes at Sea
- Rep. Gloria Arroyo Postpones her Trip Abroad
- ‘Work in the Senate Has Been Hampered by the Blurring of the Lines’ Says Koko Pimentel
- Dingdong Dantes is Now Open to Career in Politics