The nation will observe the 29th death anniversary of former Senator Benigno ‘Ninoy’ Aquino Jr. on Tuesday, August 21.
On August 21, 1983, Aquino was gunned down on the tarmac of the Manila International Airport, moments after alighting from the China Airlines plane that brought him back to the Philippines after a three-year exile in the United States.
Neighbors joined people from all walks of life in condoling with the Aquino family.
On August 31, 1983, more than two million people lined up the streets and joined Ninoy’s funeral procession.
It was the biggest funeral in Philippine history, that lasted for 11 hours, from the Sto. Domingo Church in Quezon City to Manila Memorial Park in Parañaque City.
Ninoy is the husband of former President Corazon C. Aquino and the father of President Noy Aquino.
- Bishops Express Disapproval of the Proposal to Rename Edsa
- Is Leila Delima Experiencing Karma for Her Previous Actions as Justice Secretary?
- President Rodrigo Duterte Approves P1,000.00 SSS Pension Hike
- The SSS Members Should Raise Their Contributions?
- President Rodrigo Duterte Ignores Interview With Kris Aquino