Maita Gomez, a beauty queen and an activist during the Marcos administration, died of a heart attack on Thursday, July 12.
Gomez’ death was confirmed by her family and friends on Twitter.
The former Miss Philippines-World 1967, was once married to folk singer Heber Bartolome, with whom she had two children.
After the 1986 EDSA revolution, she became a political and economic reforms and women’s right advocate.
It was even reported that she was a co-chairman of Makabayan, a coalition of several militant left organizations in the Philippines.
- The Daughter of Sandy Andolong & Christopher de Leon is Determined to Make a Name for Herself
- Will Melanie Marquez’s Daughter Follow Mother’s Footsteps & Represent Ph in Beauty Pageant?
- Dayanara Torres Talks About Break-up With Aga Muhlach
- ‘It’s not Easy to Represent the Country when the Pageant is Held in Your Homeland’ Says Charlene Gonzales
- What Quality Makes Miss France Stand Out During Miss Universe Pageant?