Nonito Donaire will face Jeffrey Mathebula today, July 8 at the Home Depot Center, in a 122-pound unification tilt.
Donaire and Mathebula made weight for unification fight yesterday.
Donaire weighed in at 121.4 pounds while Mathebula weighed in at 121.8 pounds.
The 5’11” South African stands 5 inches taller than Donaire, who is listed at 5’6″.
The Filipino fighter said, he’s going to have fun with this fight, because this is the first time that his opponent is taller than him and this is his big challenge.
But Mathebula, the former Olympian, walked into the official weigh in confident that his smarts, speed, and size will be his advantage against the Filipino flash.
He said, he’ll going to deliver the goods and win this fight.
Meanwhile, it is a tough fight for Donaire but some people think he is the next Manny Pacquiao and he may win this fight.
The fight will be aired by ABS-CBN Channel 2 today, starting at 10AM.
- It’s Nonito Donaire’s Turn to Shine After Manny Pacquiao’s Loss
- Floyd Mayweather Will not Give Manny Pacquiao Another Chance
- Nonito Donaire Considers the Match Against Toshiaki Nishioka as One of His Biggest Fights
- Nonito Donaire Captures His 2nd World Title With Unanimous Decision Victory Over Jeffrey Mathebula
- Nonito Donaire Will Defend His Belt & Face Jeffrey Mathebula Today