Nobody can wear the number 7 jersey for Genebra ever again.
On July 8, basketball legend Robert Jaworksi Sr. will be honored with a jersey retirement ceremony.
This is a tribute for his role as Ginebra San Miguel’s most popular endorser and basketball player.
It is also the San Miguel’s way of thanking him for his invaluable contribution to the brand and the company and to his contribution to the Filipino people in general.
The highly decorated player happily accepted the honor but admitted, he could not believe the time has come to retire his jersey.
Jaworski said, the retirement has never come to his mind because so many things have gone so fast and he treasures those moments in the PBA.
The Big J will join other PBA stars who have also retired their jerseys like Jerry Codiñera (44) and Alvin Patrimonio (16) of B-Meg Llamados, Shell Turbo Chargers’ Benjie Paras (14), and Alaska Aces’ Johnny Abarientos (14) and Jojo Lastimosa (6).
Meanwhile, a retired jersey number can no longer be used by future players although a new player may ask permission from the owner of the number if they wish to use it again.
- Franklin Drilon Rejects the Govt. Plan to Increase SSS Contribution of Members
- President Rodrigo Duterte Approves P1,000.00 SSS Pension Hike
- Neri Colmenares Says ‘Cut Down in Bonuses & Perks Given to SSS Board Members’ to Give SSS Pensioners’ Increase
- The SSS Members Should Raise Their Contributions?
- Dick Gordon Dares SSS Officials to Justify Their ‘Fat Paychecks’ of P450,000./Month