Phillip Phillips has undergone a kidney operation and he is now recovering from the surgery.
Phillips was plagued by serious kidney problems during the singing contest.
The American winner from Georgia will be ready for the July 6 start of the ‘Idol’ national concert tour.
Phillips defeated the 16-year-old Jessica Sanchez to become the Fox talent competition’s 11th season victor last month.
- Local Artists are Not Thrilled when Phillip Phillips Wins as American Idol
- Phillip Phillips’s New Single is Already #2 on the Hot Digital Songs Chart
- Phillip Phillips Has Already Undergone 8 Kidney Operations
- Jessica Sanchez Intends to Continue Her Education
- Record Producer Tommy Mottola Offers Jessica Sanchez a Recording Deal