Phillip Phillips, the new American Idol, is a 22-year-old pawnshop assistant.
Despite his brave face, he already battled eight kidney operations and he has to undergo one more kidney operation.
Phillips had nearly dropped out during the season when he found out that his right kidney was no longer functioning.
Meanwhile, during the season, the singer said that the other top 11 contestants had better voices than him.
And he did not even think that he would make it, in front of the judges.
- Phillip Phillips Has Undergone a Kidney Operation
- Phillip Phillips’s New Single is Already #2 on the Hot Digital Songs Chart
- Jessica Sanchez Intends to Continue Her Education
- Local Artists are Not Thrilled when Phillip Phillips Wins as American Idol
- Record Producer Tommy Mottola Offers Jessica Sanchez a Recording Deal