Two former ‘American Idol’ finalists criticized the result of the American Idol, after contestant Phillip Phillips emerged as the winner.
Stefano Langone of season 10, and season five top three finalist Elliot Yamin joined the tweet rally, backing the Filipina-Mexican ‘Idol’ runner-up, Jessica Sanchez.
They vented their frustration over the Pinay bet’s loss on micro-blogging site Twitter.
The two are not alone in noticing that the show has become a popularity contest, in lieu of results being based on talent.
Sanchez is a real singer and her second place finish was a ‘shame,’ they added.
Meanwhile, Langone and Yamin still congratulated Phillips, despite their being vocal over the result.
- Phillip Phillips Has Undergone a Kidney Operation
- Phillip Phillips’s New Single is Already #2 on the Hot Digital Songs Chart
- Phillip Phillips Has Already Undergone 8 Kidney Operations
- Jessica Sanchez Intends to Continue Her Education
- Local Artists are Not Thrilled when Phillip Phillips Wins as American Idol