Juan Ponce Enrile, the Senate President warns the defense council that Corona must return to the impeachment court on Wednesday for his testimony or else the case would be deemed submitted for resolution.
Enrile, told the lead defense counsel Serafin Cuevas that Corona’s testimony will be stricken off the record if the chief justice will not subject himself to cross-examination.
Corona was allowed to narrate his defense and he would allow himself to be cross-examined or the Court will decide the case based on evidence on record.
The chief justice returned to the impeachment court in a wheelchair after walking out at the end of his opening statement.
He did not utter a word as Enrile scolded and warned Cuevas about the consequences of Corona’s actions.
Before concluding his statement, he signed a waiver authorizing some government agencies to disclose to the public all information on his assets, business and financial interest, including those of his spouse.
But he would only release the waiver if Franklin Drilon and the 188 congressmen would do the same.
- Robin Padilla Urges People To Watch How Elected Officials Use Public Funds
- Robin Padilla Plays the Role of Toppling Corrupt Government Officials in MFF Movie this December
- Justice Antonio T. Carpio Will Act as Chief Justice in Temporary Capacity
- Renato Corona’s Challenge to Pres. Noy Aquino is Baseless
- Renato Corona’s ‘Ill-gotten’ Wealth will still be Assessed by the Senate