A proposal that will declare Nora Aunor as National Artist is in the House of Representatives, where Senators Francis Escudero, Lito Lapid, Jinggoy Estrada and Ralph Recto expressed no objection.
The senators even agreed that Batangas Gov. Vilma Santos, should also be given the same honor, along with veteran comedian Dolphy, former President Joseph Estrada and movie icon Eddie Garcia.
However, Jinggoy Estrada focused on Dolphy, who he said is a class of of his own.
Dolphy should be the first to be accorded the national artist award because he is overdue for the award and should be given that recognition while he is still around.
He has been frail and sick and Jinggoy wishes the Aquino administration should consider giving him that recognition.
- Stars are Crossing Network & Political Lines Just to Pay Tribute & Pray for Dolphy
- A Pending Petition for the National Artist Award Shall be Resolved After Dolphy will be Given the Trophy
- Nora Aunor Deserves the National Artist Award
- Eddie Garcia Wins His 1st International Acting Award
- Nora is Not in a Hurry to Receive the National Artist Title