The Senate impeachment court barred a witness on Tuesday.
The court insisted that the witness’ testimony was not covered by any of the eight articles of impeachment against the Chief Justice.
But the prosecution still put on record the ‘privileges’ that Chief Justice Renato Corona and his wife got from flag carrier Philippine Airlines.
The private prosecutor manifested in court the contents of documents purportedly showing the trips made by the Corona couple in 2010 and 2011 using their ‘Platinum cards,’ in which card holders get unlimited PAL flights with first-class seats.
The prosecution claimed that the couple received privileges from PAL while the airline had cases pending before the Supreme Court.
- Pres. Noy Aquino Insists He has No Psychological Records
- Senator Miriam Santiago will Show Up at the Impeachment Trial on Tuesday
- Robin Padilla Urges People To Watch How Elected Officials Use Public Funds
- Robin Padilla Urges the Public to Remain Vigilant
- Robin Padilla Refuses to Comment on Ruffa Gutierrez’s Resignation in ‘Paparazzi’