Gen. Carlos Garcia, the former comptroller of the Armed Forces of the Philippines has been expelled from the Philippine Military Academy Alumni Association Inc.
The Board approved the termination of Garcia’s membership for acts inimical to the interest of the PMA and the PMAAAI.
It is in accordance with the ‘Rules of Procedure on the Suspension, Termination and Reinstatement of Membership’ against members convicted of crime involving moral turpitude.
The General is currently detained at the National Bilibid Prisons following his arrest in September last year after President Benigno Aquino III approved his conviction by a general court martial.
Garcia was charged for plunder for pocketing P303 million of government money.
Prior to his conviction by a military court, his two sons were arrested in the United States for trying to smuggle $100,000.
- Is Leila Delima Experiencing Karma for Her Previous Actions as Justice Secretary?
- President Rodrigo Duterte Approves P1,000.00 SSS Pension Hike
- The SSS Members Should Raise Their Contributions?
- President Rodrigo Duterte Ignores Interview With Kris Aquino
- Pope Francis Meets President Aquino in Malacanang Palace on Friday