A Supreme Court associate justice may soon face the Senate Impeachment Court after the House Committee on Justice declared Tuesday the ouster complaint lodged against Mariano del Castillo as having sufficient grounds.
There were debates on whether or not the House panel has jurisdiction over the impeachment charge following accusations of plagiarism and the committee has voted in favor of impeaching del Castillo.
The said SC Justice has been accused of betraying public trust after supposedly plagiarizing a ruling that concerns comfort women.
- Robin Padilla Urges People To Watch How Elected Officials Use Public Funds
- Robin Padilla Urges the Public to Remain Vigilant
- Kris Aquino Prays Rosary Everyday for Brother Noy
- IBP Respects the Ruling of the Senate Impeachment Court
- Justice Antonio T. Carpio Will Act as Chief Justice in Temporary Capacity