Chief Justice Renato Corona’s lawyer tries to block another motion of the House prosecution panel that seeks the issuance of subpoena against banks’ officers and representatives.
The Senator-judges will deliberate on the motion of the House prosecution to subpoena the bank documents pertinent to Corona’s bank accounts.
But the lawyer said the testimonies of the bank representatives of BPI and PS Bank on alleged bank accounts of Corona and his relatives are clearly irrelevant and immaterial to the issue of whether or not Corona failed to his disclose his SALN to the public.
Meanwhile, businessmen who are members of the Federation of Filipino-Chinese Chambers of Commerce and Industry Inc. are allegedly getting wary. They think that the request to subpoena the bank documents may have implications on the country’s banking industry and bank secrecy.
- Pres. Rodrigo Duterte Says Antonio Trillanes Has No Political Career After His Term in Senate
- Vhong Navarro Says He Is Not a Rapist
- Robin Padilla Urges People To Watch How Elected Officials Use Public Funds
- Robin Padilla Urges the Public to Remain Vigilant
- Kris Aquino Prays Rosary Everyday for Brother Noy