Juan Manuel Marquez will seek for a seat in Congress in July 1, 2012 presidential elections in Mexico.
The WBO lightweight champion’s popularity had surged after his controversial loss by a majority decision to pound for pound king Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas last November.
Mexicans believed that Marquez was robbed of the decision.
And based on his popularity at this point, Marquez should win a seat in the lower house and follow in the footsteps of Pacquiao who beat him twice in three fights, all of which were somewhat controversial.
- Tim Bradley Promises to Shock the World When He Fights Manny Pacquiao on June 09
- Manny Pacquiao’s 4th Fight with Juan Manuel Marquez will Never Happen
- Freddie Roach is Unwilling to have Pacquiao-Marquez 4th Fight
- Manny Pacquiao Shall Prove That He Can Still Continue Boxing
- Manny Pacquiao Promises to Continue Fighting Because His Time is Not Yet Over