Bob Arum does not seem to be making much headway in arranging the highly anticipated Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao mega fight.
So, Floyd Mayweather called Pacquiao to ask him directly about fighting on May 5 in Las Vegas through Pacquiao’s manager, Michael Koncz.
Pacman said that they should do the fight as long as Mayweather agrees to 50-50 sharing or an equal split of the fight revenues.
They did not talk about the date of the fight.
Mayweather really wanted May 5 as a fight date because his 87-day jail sentence is pushed back to June 1 to accommodate a May 5 fight.
He will have enough time to heal from possible injuries from the fight before he begins serving his sentence.
Meanwhile, Bob Arum said Pacquiao would fight Pacquiao at the end of May or early June, to give Pacquiao time to heal from a 29-stitch cut he suffered in November against Juan Manuel Marquez, and also to get a 45,000-seat temporary outdoor arena built.
Mayweather said that he thinks that Manny already agrees to fight but the only thing that is stopping the fight now is Bob Arum.
Pacquiao is likely to fight against one of the four fighters: Juan Manuel Marquez, Timothy Bradley, Miguel Cotto or Lamont Peterson.
- Floyd Mayweather Will not Give Manny Pacquiao Another Chance
- Floyd Mayweather Dares Manny Pacquiao to Fight with Him on May 5
- Manny Pacquiao & Floyd Mayweather are Going to Slug it Out in Novemver 2012
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. is Sentenced to 90-Day Imprisonment
- Manny Pacquiao is Ready to Fight Floyd Mayweather if the Price is Right