Chief Justice Renato Corona and his family has gathered some 40 properties in the last 9 years, he was in the court, House prosecutors claimed.
Based on records from the Land Registration Authority, Corona and his family have 45 properties, houses and condo units, impeachment panel spokesman said.
The said properties are spread out in Makati, Paranaque and Pasay, Marikina, Taguig, and Quezon City.
Fourteen of the Corona properties are condominium units while the rest are houses.
But, based on Corona’s last available statement of assets, liabilities and net worth in 2002, only 5 of the 45 are registered.
Most of these properties have not been identified or included in his Statement of Assets of 2002. If he was being honest in his Statements of Assets, then he acquired these properties after he became justice of the Supreme Court in 2002.
The properties are material to their accusation that the Chief Justice acquired ill-gotten wealth when he joined the Court in 2002.
- Renato Corona Challenges Pres. Noy Aquino to Show Bank Accounts & Psychological Records
- Ph Now is a Good Place for Hiding Away Ill-gotten Wealth
- Renato Corona’s Another Bank Accounts Show Millions
- Renato Corona’s P1-million Raffle Winning Leads Prosecutors to his Bank Account
- Renato Corona’s ‘Ill-gotten’ Wealth will still be Assessed by the Senate