Maricel Soriano of Regal Films’ ‘Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow’ got the Best Actress award at the 2011 Metro Manila Film Festival Awards Nights last Dec. 28.
The family drama was disqualified by the MMFF Executive Committee (Execom) from four major award categories: Best Picture, Best Director, Best Screenplay and the Gatpuno Villegas Cultural awards, a day before the awards nights.
The committee ruled that Regal submitted a different script compared to the finished product with the same title but with major revision.
The policy is very clear that the the script can be modified as long as they inform the committee.
Lily Monteverde, Maricel and the film’s other cast members snubbed the awards night because of the disqualification.
- Maricel Soriano is Now Adopting a Christian Way of Life
- Carla Abellana Denies being Hindered by Mother Lily to Promote ‘Manila Kingpin: Asiong Asaya’
- Nora Aunor’s ‘Hototay’ is Pulled-out of MMFF
- Jennylyn Mercado is Back in Regal Entertainment
- Carla Abellana has Sexy Calendar Pose for Alcoholic Beverage