The movie, ‘A Mother’s Story’ is Pokwang’s first starring role.
It bares the hardships of a mother who works overseas and the issues faced by her when she leaves her family behind.
The host and comedy actress is again compared to comedy queen Ai Ai de las Alas.
As Pokwang is now one of the most in-demand comedy actresses today, many see her as the next comedy queen but she does not see herself taking on Ai Ai’s title.
She has met the comedy queen through mutual friend Kris Aquino but admits they’ve never really hung out together.
Meanwhile, Ai Ai herself is returning to the big screen with the comedy-fantasy movie of Vic Sotto, ‘Enteng ng Ina Mo,’ set for Metro Manila Film Festival.
Pokwang added that doing drama in her launching movie, proved to be a challenge because the comedienne relates to her OFW character.
She once worked as an entertainer in Japan and Abu Dhabi and she could relate well to her movie character Medy, who is a mother and an OFW.
She was emotional during the press conference as she recalled the hardships of leaving her family here while she worked overseas and especially when her son died.
- Ai-ai de las Alas’ Enteng Ng Ina Mo’ is the Biggest Filmfest Opener
- Ai-ai de las Alas Shares the Reasons Why Many Girls Fall for Vic Sotto
- Kris Aquino & Dindong Dantes are Producing the Movie ‘Segunda Mano’
- Ai-Ai Gives In Best Actress Trophy to Nora Aunor
- Judy Ann Santos Will Take Ai-Ai de las Alas’s Role in Vic Sotto-Bong Revilla’s MMFF Movie