Director Tikoy Aguiluz made a request to remove his name from the credits of the movie, ‘Manila Kingpin: The Asiong Salonga Story’.
Aguluz clarified that he made the request to erase his name from billboard, posters and other promotional materials and those posted in social media because the final version of the film ‘Manila Kingpin’ can no longer be described as his film.
The additional scenes were shot without his knowledge and presence and they were not involved in the film’s reedit, re-shoot and music mixing.
The movie company disregarded his rights and prerogatives to make creative decisions based on the original and agreed version of the project.
Aguiluz also demanded that he be allowed to make a director’s cut of the movie, which he can submit to international festivals.
Aguiluz will file ‘criminal and civil charges’ if their demands are not met.
The ‘Manila Kingpin: The Asiong Salonga Story,’ is an entry in this month’s Metro Manila Film Festival with ER Ejercito and Carla Abellana.
It is produced by Sc-enema Concepts International.
- Director Tikoy Aguiluz Dreams of Making an Indie Film which Stars John Lloyd Cruz
- Carla Abellana has Sexy Calendar Pose for Alcoholic Beverage
- Kris Aquino Airs her Side on ER Ejercito’s Best Actor Dismay
- ER Ejercito is Disappointed by not Winning Best Actor in ‘Asiong Salonga’
- Dingdong Dantes Shrugs off Allegations in Winning Best Actor Awards