During the first half of the Azkals football match against the visiting Los Angeles Galaxy, Manny Pacquiao’s fans chanted his name, as he made his way to a seat beside his wife Jinkee at the Rizal Memorial Stadium.
There were showbiz personalities who came up to greet Pacquiao and take photos like Cristalle Henares, Dawn Zulueta and Puentevella of Philippine Olympic Committee.
Pacquiao did not lose some of his crowd appeal after a recent close win over Juan Manuel Marquez. He still rules as the country’s most revered athlete.
The fans chanted, ‘Manny, Manny’ and mobbed the boxing champion, wherever he went.
Needless to say, the Galaxy star David Beckham joined the bandwagon as he went up to Pacquiao after leaving the pitch on a substitution in the 75th minute.
Beckham shook Manny’s hands and gave the champion his game-worn No. 23 jersey. He was also star-struck by Pacquiao’s presence in the stadium and later admitted he’s a big fan of Manny.
Pacquiao’s appearance with Jinkee and their children, also belied rumors that their marriage is on the rocks. They obviously enjoyed the match and it was a family bonding time.
- Manny Pacquiao still Rules as the Country’s Most Revered Athlete
- David Beckham Shows Trademark Curling Shot in Galaxy’s 6-1 Rout of Phil Azkals
- Manny Pacquiao Opens a New Family Business in Gensan
- Manny Paquiao’s ‘Controversial’ Victory Divides the Nation
- Manny Pacquiao Says Jinkee Does Not File Annulment