There is always a clamor for Manny Pacquiao to start pushing his promoter to arrange what could be the biggest fight ever, the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight.
Oscar De La Hoya, the ‘Golden Boy’ is hoping Pacquiao convinces Bob Arum to pursue a match against undefeated superstar Floyd Mayweather Jr.
The Golden Boy wants the fight, Mayweather wants the fight and Pacquiao wants the fight, so everybody wants the fight.
Pacquiao is guarateed to earn $100 million in pay-per-view shares and a slice of the ticket sales in a bout with Mayweather.
De La Hoya is disappointed that Bob Arum, the promoter of Pacquiao, is going after Juan Manuel Marquez to find who’s the winner in a rivalry that has a lot of unsettled issues.
De La Hoya feels that a fourth fight with Marquez won’t settle anything for Team Pacquiao, it will only create more unanswered questions. He said what’s the fight for, people will only see the same ‘fight.’
Meanwhile, the one that doesn’t want the fight between Pacquiao and Mayweather is Bob Arum, De la Hoya said.
It would be very unfortunate if this fight could not be made because of Bob Arum, he added.
- Manny Pacquiao & Floyd Mayweather are Going to Slug it Out in Novemver 2012
- Manny Pacquiao Enters the Ring with ‘Disconnected Look’
- Manny Pacquiao is Seeking a Fifth Fight Against Juan Manuel Marquez
- Juan Manuel Marquez is Manny Pacquiao’s Hardest Opponent
- Timothy Bradley Says Manny Pacquiao Will Lose