Floyd Mayweather Jr., the undefeated boxer has defeated Manny Pacquiao, by jumping ahead of the Filipino boxing icon, in the pound-for-pound ratings of ESPN and Sports Illustrated.
The ESPN and Sports Illustrated already ranked Mayweather at number 1, while Pacquiao dropped down to number 2.
Floyd Mayweather is the current WBC welterweight champion.
Mayweather is still fast and possessing great defense and underrated power while Pacquiao looked as vulnerable as he has in a long time last Saturday against rival Juan Manuel Marquez of Mexico, whom he defeated via a controversial majority decision.
Mayweather has overtaken Pacquiao in ESPN’s welterweight division rankings.
Sports Illustrated dropped Pacquiao to number 2, citing the unconvincing result of his recent bout against Marquez on November 12.
However, in the pound-for-pound ratings of The RING magazine, Pacquiao retained the title by the slimmest of margins because Pacquiao can’t be dropped from number 1 slot just because Marquez seems to have his number and Marquez is also one of the great pound for pound fighters in the world. .
Despite the groups’ different ratings, all of them hope that Pacquiao and Mayweather can settle the issue of who is the number 1 pound for pound king by fighting inside the ring.
- Freddie Roach Believes Timothy Bradley is Too Slow & Lacking in Power to Beat Manny Pacquiao
- Manny Pacquiao & Floyd Mayweather are Going to Slug it Out in Novemver 2012
- Promoter Bob Arum Does not Want a Pacquiao-Mayweather Bout
- Manny Pacquiao Opens a New Family Business in Gensan
- British Boxer Khan Advises Manny Pacquiao to Think of Retiring Soon